Read this section to learn about Indian Heart Association related news and events.
Representative News Articles:
World Heart Day 2015: How to Survive a Heart Attack. 29 September 2015.
Please click on the following link which cites the Indian Heart Association:
“A Student with Heart”, Rice University’s rice.edu front page. 11 April 2014.
“Fat of the Matter”, The Hindu Newspaper. 30 June 2013
“Yuva Pravasulu – Sevaki Varadhulu”, Eenadu Telugu Newspaper. 2 September 2013
Learn about the WEAR IT. BEAT IT. partnership between the British Heart Foundation and Indian Heart Association. Learn about two passionate secondary school students who have conducted several IHA events in 2015! All proceeds will go to our partners at the Child Heart Foundation to raise funds for congenital heart disease.
Interested in learning more about what goes on at our cardiac screening camps? Read further for news and events about our screening efforts. Also click on this link.
Our cardiovascular and metabolic screenings during cardiac camps include the following:
1) Lifestyle questionnaire
2) Brief physical exam including blood pressure screenings, EKG
3) Fasting metabolic profile including:
- Complete Blood Picture (CBP)
- Fasting Plasma Glucose
- Fasting Lipid profile
- Serum Creatinine
- CRP (C-reactive protein), Lipoprotein(a), homocysteine
4) Personalized counseling including diet, exercise, family counseling, stress reduction techniques, medication and intervention options.