Read this section to learn about Indian Heart Association related news and events.
The Economist Times 2018 Article on Healthcare Costs in India, citing the Indian Heart Association
The Economist Magazine 2017 Case Study on the Indian Heart Association Founder, Sevith Rao: Heart Health in Asia Summit
“A Student with Heart“, Rice University’s rice.edu front page. 11 April 2014.
Learn about the WEAR IT. BEAT IT. partnership between the British Heart Foundation and Indian Heart Association. Learn about two passionate secondary school students who have conducted several IHA events! All proceeds will go to our partners at the Child Heart Foundation to raise funds for congenital heart disease.
Interested in learning more about what goes on at our cardiac screening camps? Read further for news and events about our screening efforts. Also click on this link.
Our cardiovascular and metabolic screenings during cardiac camps include the following:
1) Lifestyle questionnaire
2) Brief physical exam including blood pressure screenings, EKG
3) Fasting metabolic profile including:
- Complete Blood Picture (CBP)
- Fasting Plasma Glucose
- Fasting Lipid profile
- Serum Creatinine
- CRP (C-reactive protein), Lipoprotein(a), homocysteine
4) Personalized counseling including diet, exercise, family counseling, stress reduction techniques, medication and intervention options.